CEUs & CFM® Maintenance Credits
IFMA is an authorized provider of Continuing Education Units (CEUs) by the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET). IFMA is able to offer IACET CEUs to attendees for ANSI/IACET qualified education sessions at conference events. ANSI/IACET Standards are internationally recognized as representing good standards of practice.
New requirements for obtaining CEUs for conference educational sessions:
- Participants must purchase CEUs at the time of registration. The cost for Facility Fusion attendees is US$25. Full Event-VIP registration includes the CEU processing fee.
- Participants must sign the Attendee Roster for each educational session attended. If you did not sign the Attendee Roster showing you were in attendance, you will not receive CEUs for that session.
- Participants must attend the entire session to receive CEUs.
- Participants must take a five-question assessment for each session they attended and for which they signed the Attendee Roster. Participants must pass every assessment with a score of 75% or better.
Log in to the Attendee Service Center to review Managing CEUs Instructions. The Attendee Service Center for Facility Fusion will be open until April 15, 2019 for participants to complete their CEU assessments.
Starting on April 16, 2019, IFMA staff will verify passing scores and attendance for each participant. Once verification is complete, emails containing electronic CEU certificates will be sent to all participants who satisfied the requirements.
If you have any questions, please contact IFMA Program Support Specialist Samantha Rosenthal at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To receive 1 CFM maintenance credit:
- To receive 1 CFM Maintenance Activity (6 required for recertification), record your attendance for the three-day conference on your CFM Recertification Form in CAMP. IFMA credentials staff can verify your attendance.
- At re-certification time, submit your completed CFM Recertification Form.
- CEUs are not required for CFM Maintenance Activity Credit.
Q: What constitutes one CEU?
A: One CEU equals ten contact hours of participation in organized education sessions and/or training conducted by a qualified instructor or speaker. A contact hour is equivalent to one 60-minute interaction between an instructor and participant.
Q: What is the minimum period of contact for which a CEU can be awarded?
A: A CEU cannot be granted for educations sessions that are less than one hour in length.
Q: Which IFMA professional development offerings qualify for IACET CEUs?
A: The entire organization was approved as an authorized provider. Participants can receive credit for most of our professional development offerings with clear objectives designed to meet learner needs in which participant learning can be assessed. Creators of education sessions at conferences are required to submit a short design document called a CEU Presentation Document to adhere to IACET standards for design and development. CEUs are not available for keynote or plenary sessions, exhibit hall presentations, meetings, social events, or those sessions that provide participants with information about a particular “product” or program without including measurable learning objectives.
Q: What are the requirements in order to receive CEU credit(s) for a conference education session?
- Participants must purchase CEUs at the time of registration. CEUs can be purchased at onsite at registration at any conference or event before education sessions begin.
- Participants must sign the Attendee Roster for each education session attended. If you do not sign the Attendee Roster showing you were in attendance, you will not receive CEUs for that education session. Sign in sheets are usually located at either at the back or front of the session room.
- Participants must attend the entire education session to receive CEUs.
- Participants can log in to the Attendee Service Center and review Managing CEUs Instructions. Participants take the brief 5-question assessment for each session they attended and for which they signed the Attendee Roster. Participants must pass every assessment with score of 75% or better. The Attendee Service Center is open for 15 business days after a conference for participants to complete their CEU assessments.
- Sixteen days after the conference, IFMA staff will verify passing scores and attendance for each participant. Once verification is complete, emails containing electronic CEU certificates will be sent to all participants who satisfied the requirements.
Q: How will I know how many CEUs I have earned?
A: Each certificate will include the number of CEUs earned and the number of contact hours. A historical record for each participant will be kept by IFMA for a period of at least seven years. To ensure records are accurate, IFMA will collect current contact information, in order to keep records current across participant transition between jobs.
The International Facility Management Association (IFMA) has been accredited as an Authorized Provider by the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET). In obtaining this approval, IFMA has demonstrated that it complies with the ANSI/IACET Standard, which is widely recognized as the Standard of good practice internationally. As a result of its Authorized Provider accreditation status, IFMA is authorized to offer IACET CEUs for its programs that qualify under the ANSI/IACET Standard.”